Patagonia Great Divider III – Product Review
Time for a new boat bag and the Patagonia Great Divider was my choice after looking at the many options out there, it was a few simple things that sold me on the Patagonia bag. First the 100% waterproof and fully-welded construction. I found with my old bag, that I would forget about the rain fly, and by the time I remember it was too late and my bag and the inside was soaked, leaders and flies now wet. This is not good. Problem solved now, as the Great Divider gear bag. I also can’t tell you how many times rain flies turn into moldy rain flies if you don’t dry them out and store them correct. Secondly the keep it simple lay out. I don’t like search through endless pockets. With a 4 panel divider system is’t nice to keep fly boxes separate from tippet. But I can see everything in the bag at once and I know where it will be.
Thirdly the transparent floating panel with hook-and-loop attachments and removable end pockets help organize small items. Great place for car keys and cell phones. Easy to find and protected.
- 100% waterproof, fully-welded construction with a single-side TPU coating
- Main compartment is made of a pliable and resilient high-density foam that gives bag shape and protects contents
- 100% waterproof TIZIP® zipper with waterproof materials and construction at main closure
- Two interior zippered end pockets are transparent and removable
- Strap attachments and seams are welded to eliminate leakage
- Adjustable and removable padded shoulder strap; two grab handles
- 11.75-oz 800-denier 100% nylon with a PU exterior coating and TPU interior coating