Bogs Extreme Boots – Product Review
I don’t even want to really think about how many years I’ve been steelhead fishing, scary how fast time flies. Feels just like the other day that was I throwing on the full neoprene waders and hitting the trails. But with 24 years later my gear has changed a little. With each an every year enjoying the winter months more and more. With that love affair for the cold and dreary I needed to change my attire to withstand the elements. Out with the full neoprene waders and in with the bibs and boots. What do I mean by bibs and boots, we will cover the product review for bibs at another time. But for the boots, what I usually describe to new clients is boots you would want to wear when snow-blowing the driveway or going on the back of a snowmobile.
Wearing boots when steelhead fishing does mean you are going to have to fish from a boat or from shore, and the Bogs Blaze Extremes are perfect for this. I have over the past 20 years worn many different styles of boots, and this years purchase of the Bogs Blaze Extremes have been my best purchase to date. They are by far the warmest boots I have ever worn. They give me the comfort for a long day on the river, proper cushioning so no soar feet or lower back pain. With 100% waterproofing, so that I can wade up to my shin and have no second thought as I push the boat off the trailer. The traction on the bottom is ideal for wet, slippery, and icy boat ramp conditions that we face day in and day out. With over 75+ days in these boots since October, and no signs of wear or tear I’m sold that Bogs Blaze Extremes are the best steelhead boot that money can buy, if your into fishing for steelhead from a boat. I highly recommend these boots. My normal $100 duck boots would fail after about 3 months, with the rubber sides blowing out and letting cold air and water in. No signs of cracks or leaks in these boots and don’t see it changing anytime soon.
- Ultimate winter hunting/steelhead boot
- 8mm of Neo-Tech™ insulation with NEW Bogs Max-Wick™ lining to manage moisture surrounded with 600 grams of ThinsulateM to lock heat in
- 5.4 lbs. per pair (size 10) –almost 2lbs lighter than other brands highly insulated boots
- Comfort rated to temps of -40 degrees (hard to snake roll in these temps)
- A waterproof 3mm Neo-Tech™ snow cuff lined with plush fleece to seal out wet and cold
- The thermo-molded EVA midsole and deep lug outsole provide great traction in snow
- Aegis antimicrobial odor protection insole with scent elimination
- Height: 16 ½”