Check out this great fish from Guide Jeff Topp’s boat. Client is Steve B. with a Big Manistee River steelhead
Have a mistake at the printer that will be a deal for you, one of a kind red/white trucker hat for $5. Have 18 of these hats in stock first come first serve. Same type of hat as our popular Dry Fly Hat we did in Grey/Black earlier this summer.
Quick instructional video on Identify Mud Snails
Informative video by the MI DNR
This is a short and personal piece about my life as a photographer, when I am not on assignment, shooting for clients in the outdoor, travel or lifestyle industry. In February 2016 a camera followed me on a trip to the beautiful Faroe Islands shooting landscapes in medium format, enjoying wild nature and a harsh environment that creates a scenery and mood that I love for photos and that makes me feel very alive. But see for yourself. I hope you'll enjoy it …
DOP/edit/grading/sound design: Peter Bender (www.peterbender.org) – thanks so much, man!!!
Southern States are building an Army to help battle Asian Carp – read more here.
Have a few new items coming out this week that will be added to the Mangled Fly Shop page.
- Our Classic Black hat with the Mangled Fly Logo will be back in stock, this popular hat is coming back, if you didn’t get yours on the first run, grab it now before it’s gone.
- A brand New Item to the Shop area will be the Mangled Fly Camo Board Shorts. These shorts are meant to fish in, meant to get dirty, and even meant to swim in. More like a board short, will dry quick and will not be too hot in the sun. I had a chance to test these out before we put the Mangled Fly logo on them. Very comfortable and a great short for summer time fun. We will only have limited quantity and sizes available so get them while you can. Hope to post inventory this week. If they sell out before you can get a pair drop me an email and I’ll see if we have additional interest to get more in stock.
- A popular item in the past has been our long sleeve sun shirts, Tidal and Orginal Long Sleeve (both now on Sale). This year we added a twist of Camo to the look. The picture below is not the finalized logo, we have added a little green and black to the Classic Mangled Fly Logo. I will make sure to post the updated picture of the shirt when they arrive this week. I’m looking forward to this shrit for the late summer and early fall. This is a staple of my clothing attire. I wear them fishing, to the gym, and around the house. Very comfortable and has UV protection against the sun. Again we did a limited run in sizes and quantity so get it while you can. But also another item if we don’t have your size, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Spring has sprung and it’s time for spring steelhead. Few reports and articles you should check out if your interested in chasing Spring Steelhead.
- Manistee River Steelhead Report, signs of fresh fish have start to show themselves as the run has started. Jon Ray and Ed McCoy keep this report up to date.
- Muskegon River Steelhead Report, Kevin and Drew do an incredible job on this jewel of a river. Steelhead and Trout are actively feeding on salmon parr and stoneflies. Check out the latest report that is updated almost daily.